The perfect way to keep your personal items off the ground
Nylon Accessory Cords feature a kernmantle construction designed and engineered with the same attention to detail as Maxim's dynamic climbing ropes. Nylon Accessory Cords are perfect multi-purpose lines for stringing accessories, keeping personal items off the ground, tie-down ropes, or as a decorative accessory for packs or other gear. Each diameter is available in complementary light and dark versions as well as black.Features
- Light accessory cord
- Perfect for balancing anchors and creating self-equalizers
- Multi-purpose line for stringing accessories
- Versatile anchor rope
- Great for stringing accessories
- Perfect for tie-downs or lashings
- Helps you way to keep personal items off the ground
- Supple and easy to knot
- Made of 100% abrasion resistant nylon
- UV resistant
- Small amount of stretch so they are less static than our Polyester Cords
- Small and lightweight enough to carry with you for unexpected situations
- Excellent for making safety or emergency bracelets and belts.
- Nylon Accessory Cords are not certified for rappelling, belaying or as a climbing rope.
- Made in the USA! These cords are proudly made by expert crafts men and women in our US facility located in Fall River, Massachusetts.
I actually corresponded with Rope.com customer service for advice on which diameter cord to use for my application, and they responded promptly. I use this cord on a 3/8” KMIII static rope. I tie a distel hitch with it. It is my primary connection to the static line, and serves as an autoblock when used in conjunction with a figure 8 for rappelling. It grabs very securely, but releases easily when I need it to.
This rope is exactly what I needed. I have it attached to my gear as an emergency escape rope if I get trapped in a fire.