The ideal cord for prusik knots applied in canyoneering, climbing, rescue, or arborist applications
Prusik Cord strikes the perfect balance between firm and supple. Maxim Climbing Ropes engineered Prusik Cord so that the rope has enough give to grip the climbing rope but is not so mushy that the knot locks up. This results in a smooth, controlled movement over the climbing rope and makes untying the prusik knot easier. Prusik Cord is available in assorted colors in 5mm – 9mm diameters.Features
- Perfect balance between firm and supple
- Provides the ability to have a great grip on the climbing rope without letting the knot lock up
- Super supple, flexible and easy to knot
- Made of 100% abrasion resistant nylon
- UV resistant
- Enough elongation to resists shock loading anchors when encountering a fall
- Small and lightweight for easy packing
- Prusik Cords are not certified as a main line for rappelling, belaying or as a climbing rope.
This was my first experience with Rope.com. I was very pleased with the prices, and couldn’t belive how fast my order showed up with the world of supply chain interruption we live in. Overall the prusik chord showed up exactly how I expected it and was easy to cut, tie and use. I will be shopping here again.
perfect for the application